Africa – Mount Kilimanjaro 5896masl – Tanzania
Viaje con acompañamiento de Guía Profesional y Tour Líder Argentino
Kilimanjaro ascent “Roof of the Old Continent”, located in the African savannah, northwest of Tanzania, close to the Kenyan border, it’s an exciting experience for mountaineering, for its history, its people and its culture.
Who can participate?
Has no technical difficulties, it´s a trekking de altura, that we will do it with a Good acclimatizationIt, is useful to have previous experience in ascents to lower mountains of several days. A very good physical condition is essential.
Why choose us?
Argentine Leader Tour: From the meeting at Kilimanjaro local airport, until the transfer back to the airport and during the expedition . It is of great importance to us, being in every detail, and that it be a great experience for you, we have the particularity of being with you on the ground, accompanying and leading the ascent, together with a group of Tanzanians with whom we have been working and we have a great friendship.
Our profesional argentinian guide Claudio Scassa, is is closely related with the Tanzanios guides, porters and all the group, knows very closely the population where our entire working group resides: Moshi – Tanzania.
Day 1: Arrival at Arusha Airport (Tanzania) – Moshi. Transfer to hotel and meeting with the argentinian profesional guide and local guides. Equipment review, talk and coordination of the next expedition days.
Day 2: Breakfast, equipment preparation,transfer to Kilimanjaro Park Gate, Machame Gate. Park entry procedures. 5 or 7 hours of Trekking to arrive Machme camp. 3000masl.
Day 3: Machame Camp 3100 msnm a Shira Camp 3.840 msnm. 4 or 5 hours tekking to thenext camp: Shira 3.840 masl. Acclimatization trekkings.
Day 4: From Shira Camp to Barranco Camp 3950masl. 6 or 7 hours trekking.
Day 5: From Barranco Camp to Kananga Camp 4000masl. 3 or 4 hours trekking.
Day 6: From Kanaga Camp to Barafu Camp 4640 masl. Jornada de 4 or 5 hours trekking.
Day 7: Summit day Uhuru 5896 masl by Mweka rute. The ascent start at. 8 hours of climb to Uhuru summit, and 8 hours to descent to Mweka camp.
Day 8: Descent and transfer to hotel. Dinner.
Day 9: Breakfast and transfer to airport. End of service.
- Advice prior to the expedition, equipment and plane tickets
- Professional guide by EPGAMT Claudio Scassa
- Personal contact with the guide
- GPS ,VHF and satelital phone
- First aid kit
- Local guides and assistants
- Professional cook (Stomac Ingenieri)
- Professional waiter
- Camp manager
- Porters of personal use equipment
- Porters of group use equipment
- Entry permits of Kilimanjaro Park
- Group use equipment (tents, gas heaters, cooking pots)
- Mountain high tents
- Dining tent with chairs, tables, platos, vasos, cubiertos.
- Full board during the expedition.
- 3 or 4 per day of liters of ready-to-drink wáter.
- Hot drinks in the mountain.
- Hotel 3* including breakfast first two nights at Moshi.
- Transfer from the airport and back.
- Roundtrip transfer to “Kilimanjaro Park Gate”.
- The work team is certified and approved by Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA)
- Salary of the Guide, cook and porters.
- Certificate of ascent of the Kilimanjaro National Park.
Our service not include:
- Additional Tips to guides, cooks, porters.
- Food, drinks, dinners in the city and hotel in Moshi
- Air taxes.
- international flights or internal flights.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal clothes.
- Expenses for leaving the expedition
- Expenses for rescue and evacuation
- Meals in city
- Night in Hotel atfer the expedition.
In African countries it is “frowned upon” not to leave tips, they will be required daily in the city (taxi, hotel, local workers) and during the expedition to the workgroup 250 dollars recommended per mountaineer, deliver all together the last morning after breakfast not during the trekking.
The temperatures during the ascent will be variable. Will vary between 20 to 30 degrees in sunny hours and 10 in the highest parts. Summit day we will have temperatures between 0º to -15 degrees.
Passport with at least six more months of validity, in good condition, with space for stamps. Tanzania entry visa approximately 50 dollars – return about $ 35.
The Yellow Fever vaccine is mandatory with the certificate. For health reasons it is recommended before starting this trip to have the following vaccines: Typhus, Measles, Tetanus, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B. Among the personal procedures, we will ask your GP to sign a personal health form for you, and to perform an ergometry check-up.
Change your money to Tanzanian Shillings to handle yourself in towns like Moshi. Credit or debit cards are not accepted anywhere during your stay in this part of Africa. Reservations, payments methods and necessary equipment: [email protected]