PissisVolcain 6795 masl. The third highest peak in Ámerica
Features: Pissis Volcain is the third highest pick in southern hemisphere, from the western world and the second highest volcano on the planet
It includes 4 climbs
- Cerro Coquena 4050 masl.
- Falso Morocho 4600 masl.
- Volcán Bertrand 5300 masl.
- VolcánPissis 6638 masl.
Differences of hiring our program:
- Excellent acclimatization plan
- homemade food to ensure better nutrition
- Our personal care, guides with passion in their work
- guides according to the number of clients
- Two days off extra to use en case of health, bad weather, acclimatization, etc.
1 day: Fiambalá: Metting with the guides and equipment review. Transfer to refuge at 3000 masl. Services: transfer, refuge, afternoon snack and dinner
2 day: Cerro Coquena 4035 masl. ascense. Transfer to refuge at 3300 masl. 6 o 7 hours of activity. Services: transfer, breakfast, box lunch, afternoon snack and dinner
3 day: Transfer to Las Grutas refuge at 4100 masl. Relax and acclimatization day, a soft trekking for taking pictures. Landscape views to San Francisco lagoon and Incahuassi Volcano.
Services: mountain refuge with hot water, electricity, beds, breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.
4 day: FalsoMorocho 4500 masl. Ascense.2 o 3 hours activity. Services: mountain refuge with hot water, electricity, beds, breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.
5 day: Bertrand Volcain 5300 masl. ascense. 9 hours activity. Services: mountain refuge with hot water, electricity, beds, breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.
6 day: Transfer to Pissis camp base 5600 masl. Services: Transfer, high tents, breakfast, box lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.
7day: Acclimatization atPissis base camp 5600 masl. Soft trekking to adapt to height. Services: high tents, breakfast, box lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.
8 day: Ascense to camp 1: 5300 masl. C1 portage. Services: high tents, breakfast, box lunch, afternoon snacks and dinner.
9 day: Ascenseto camp 2: 5800 masl. C2 portage. Services: hightents, breakfast, box lunch, afternoonsnacks and dinner.
10 day: Pissis Summit attempt 6795 masl. Services: hightents, breakfast, box lunch, afternoonsnacks and dinner.
11 day: Descentto C2 and transfer toFiambalá, lodging. Services: transfer, high tents, breakfast, box lunch and afternoon snacks. End of service.
Day 12: Extra day
Day 13: Extra day
Level of physical, technical and psychological difficult: Pissis volcano it´s very demanding, portage days in high with your backpack and grupal equipment. Summit day will demand a very high psychological and physical state. Technically is not difficult, just trekking in land, stones, occasionally in ice or snow. Summit day has a steep slope that physically and psychologically demands. We are likely to use use crampons and pickaxe during the expedition.
- Transfer to Fiambalá round trip, and during the expedition.
- The night of descent on a hostel or hotel in Fiambalá.
- Refuge and high tents
- Proffesional guides and attendants every three persons
- First aid kit
- Oxygen tubes in in base camps (only for emergencies)
- Group use equipment (tents, gas heaters, cooking pots)
- Full board (breakfast and snacks: tea, coffee, bread, biscuits, jams. Dinners: stews, soups, rise, noodles, vegetables. Marching foods: sandwichs, fruit, cereal bars, chocolate, salty snacks)
- We have GPS, VHF and satelital phone for your safety.
- Meals in the city, personal clothes, expenses for leaving the expedition, expenses for rescue and evacuation.
- Residence in city before the expedition
- Drinks during the expedition
Reservations, payments methods and necessary equipment: email@example.com . Also you can consult us for transfer from Catamarca to Fiambalá and residences in the city.