Is the seventh highest peak in America and one of the highest volcanoes in the world. Salta.
The proposed 15-day program is ideal but you can modify a lesser number of days if you are acclimatized.
1day: Metting in Salta and night in San Antonio de los Cobres hostel at 3700masl. Visit MAM museum and acclimatization trekking on Santa Rosa Tastil ruins 3000masl.
2day: Cerro Pompeya 4075masl. acscent. Night in hostel.
3day: Transfer and ascent to San Jerónimo volcano 4980masl. Transfer to Tuzgle Volcano base camp. Night in tents.
4day: Relax and acclimatization day in base camp.
5day: Tuzgle summit day. Transfer to San Antonio and night in hostel.
6day: Transfer to San Antonio del Tolar Grande at 3500masl. Night in hostel.
7day: From Tolargrande to Llullaillaco volcano base camp 4900masl.
8day: C1 portage 5800masl. Night in base camp 4700masl.
9day: Relax and acclimatization day in base camp.
10day: From CB 4900 to C1 5800masl.
11day: Summit day. Night in C1 or CB.
12day: Transfer to Tolar Grande. Night in hostel.
13day: Transfer to Salta. End of service
14day: Extra day for weather conditions or particular circumstances.
15day: Extra day for weather conditions or particular circumstances.
Level of physical, technical and psychological difficult:Volcán Llullaillaco 6739maslIs the seventh highest peak in America and one of the highest volcanoes in the world so it´s very demanding, it contains portage days in high with your backpack and grupal equipment. Summit day of 8 or 12 hoursTechnically is not difficult, just trekking in land, stones, occasionally in ice or snow. We are likely to use use crampons and pickaxe during the expedition.
- Transfer from Salta round trip and during the expedition.
- One night in Salta after
- Refuge and high mountain tents
- Professional guides and attendants every three or four persons
- First aid kit Oxygen tube (only for emergencies)
- Group use equipment (tents, gas heaters, cooking pots)
- Full board (breakfast and snacks: tea, coffee, bread, biscuits, jams. Dinners: stews, soups, rise, noodles, vegetables. Marching foods: sandwichs, fruit, cereal bars, chocolate, salty snacks)
- We have GPS, VHF and satelital phone for your safety.
- Meals in the city, personal clothes
- Expenses for leaving the expedition
- Expenses for rescue and evacuation.
- Residence in city before the expedition
- Drinks during the expedition
Reservations, payments methods and necessary equipment: [email protected]